How To Clean Your Electronic Air Cleaner
Honeywell Electronic Air Cleaner Maintenance & Service
Electronic air cleaners must be washed every 30 days to maintain peak performance.
1. Turn off power to air cleaner and furnace.
2. Remove collector cells, prefilters and post filters (if you have those). Carbon after filters or post filters are NOT cleanable so do not wash them in water. Post filters should be vacuumed and carbon after filters need REPLACED every 90 days.
3. Soak prefilters and collector cells for 30 minutes in a laundry tub filled with warm water mixed with electric dishwasher detergent.
4. Thoroughly rinse the collector cells and prefilters with clean water.
5. Let the collector cells and prefilters drip dry for 30 minutes before reinstalling them.
6. Turn the air cleaner back on.
7. Turn the furnace back on.
NOTE: the air cleaner will not function properly until it is completely dry. This will take 24 to 48 hours. During that time it may snap, crackle and pop. It will not damage anything or cause a fire while that is happening.