Honeywell Humidifier Maintenance & Service
Honeywell Humidifier - Summer Shutdown Procedure
1. Turn off the manual water valve to your humidifier. It is usually a small saddle valve bolted onto your copper water line near your water heater.
2. Close the manual bypass damper (if your model has one).
3. Turn the power off to your furnace or air handler.
4. Set the humidistat at its lowest setting to prevent the humidifier from turning on.
5. Take the cover off of your humidifier and remove the humidifier filter.
6. Throw away your old humidifier filter and remove all the internal components that came into contact with water and wash them off. For items that are coated with scale you can soak them in household white vinegar overnight. This will loosen the scale and make it easier to remove. It may be necessary to lightly scrub some items with a bristle brush to remove the scale deposits. Rinse those pieces off with fresh water when done.
7. Replace the humidifier filter with a new one and reassemble the humidifier.
8. Leave the water turned OFF, the bypass damper turned off (if your model has one).
9. Turn the power back on to the furnace or air handler.
10. Your humidifier is now cleaned up and ready for next winter.